I am passionate about small business because these are so often the clients with the greatest enthusiasm, work ethic, and ingenuity. But they often lack the resources to hire the array of professionals that shape strategy for larger companies. Wanting to offer good advice is my motivation for continually seek education and experience in writing, marketing, and social media.
- Design: Graphics, Websites, User Interfaces.
- Content Creation: Writing, Photography, Illustration
- Strategy: Social media, Inbound Marketing, Content Marketing.
To use my visual and rhetorical communication skills to help my clients grow their small businesses.
Sakka Studio | Creative Director
- Create brand identities that include not only a logo mark, but a voice that is clearly communicated in writing style, literature design, packaging design, retail storefront design, signage and more.
- Responsible for leading multiple designers and developers to complete website products such as e-commerce websites, mobile applications, and more.
- Create packaging designs with demonstrable buyer conversion and placement in most major retailers.
- Work directly with clients to discover needs, then develop strategic content and tools to fulfill those needs.
2005 – 2006
Fibernet | Creative Director
- Worked directly with leads and clients to discover needs, attract new business and propose design solutions.
- Created strategic design solutions for small business needs—websites, literature, logos, photography, catalogs, and more.
- Created packaging designs with demonstrable buyer conversion.
- Recreated the brand identity of the parent company and its subsidiary.
2002 – 2005
Grandway USA | Lead Designer
- Created packaging designs sold in most major retailers, both nationally and internationally.
- Led a creative team on larger projects like trade show booth design, catalog design, and brand creation.
- Created point-of-sale displays and graphics to capture attention, communicate value, and drive conversion.
- Created professional product photography for use in large and small formats.
1999 – 2001
Pharmanex, Inc | Senior Website Designer
- Designed and led a team to develop domestic and international websites for a global pharmaceutical company.
- Traveled to and worked with Asian markets to discover needs, shape strategy, and design functional web solutions in four languages.
- Created industry-leading promotional campaigns emulated by competitors.
Associate of Arts, Salt Lake Community College, Salt Lake City, Utah 2018
Completed coursework in writing. 4.0 GPA.
Ojai Digital Arts Center, Ojai, California 1999
Completed intensive course in flash development under Lynda Weinman.
Utah Valley University, Orem, Utah 1997-1999
Completed courses in digital and fine arts. 4.0 GPA.
Umpqua Community College, Winchester, Oregon 1994-1996
Completed general education courses. 3.8 GPA.
SCORE Salt Lake
As a marketing committee member, I work in a team to promote and organize various outreach events that serve small business owners.